MKFM can exclusively reveal that KFC in Milton Keynes will be re-opening for deliveries from tomorrow.
Emails have been sent to local Uber Eats and Deliveroo drivers, and seen by MKFM, which tell them to expect orders from KFC to start from tomorrow (Wednesday 6th May).
It is not yet known exactly how many of the five KFC sites in Milton Keynes will be re-opening tomorrow.
The five sites are located at The Centre MK, Xscape, Stadium MK, Stacey Bushes and Westcroft - and all five have been closed since the start of lockdown on Monday 23rd March.
It is expected that the Milton Keynes sites will initially offer delivery services only, and not a Drive Thru or Take Away service.
MKFM will bring you more information as we get it.
The re-opened KFC sites in Milton Keynes will follow stringent new social distancing and safety procedures – which include:
- Smaller kitchen team to help observe social distancing, with separation of guests and delivery drivers
- Increased hand washing and surface sanitising
- New signage and floor stickers to help delivery drivers keep a safe distance apart
- Contactless handover of food, with contactless payment preferred
- Introduction of a limited menu to help the smaller team avoid switching kitchen stations, with clear floor markings
- Installation of protective screens where appropriate, with non-medical grade face masks and gloves made available for teams
- Team members signing a health declaration and completing a new coronavirus training programme before returning to work
- Shorter trading hours to allow for smaller kitchen teams
Earlier today KFC announced that they would be re-opening the Drive Thru at 55 of their UK restaurants including two in Northampton.
It follows an announcement last week that 100 restaurants would be re-opened for delivery across the UK from this week.
Meanwhile, McDonalds have told MKFM that they hope to re-open Milton Keynes restaurants if other trials are a success.