Firefighters extinguish hob blaze in Milton Keynes flat

Firefighters were called to a ground floor flat in Fishermead, Milton Keynes on Tuesday (28/9)

Crews were called to the ground floor flat hob fire in Bossiney Place, Fishermead, at roughly 4:14pm.

One appliance and crew from Broughton, one from Newport Pagnell and one from West Ashland attended.

The aerial appliance from West Ashland also attended, along with one officer.

The firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and positive pressure ventilation.

It is not known how severe the damage was.

Cooking appliances were identified as the cause of 48 percent of all accidental house fires in the UK between 2018/19, with cooking being the cause of 51 percent of all non-fatal fire injuries. 

You can read about hob safety here.