Thames Valley Police say there has been an increase in theft from motor vehicle in the Loughton Park area of Milton Keynes.
They state thieves have been particularly stealing from Grange Farm.
Following an increase of theft, Thames Valley Police have issued a list of tips that can help residents reduce the risk of becoming a victim.
Here is a list of tips from TVP:
- Remove all items from your vehicle. Most criminals are opportunists and they will take what they can see – if the vehicle looks empty the chances are they may leave it alone.
- Don’t leave any valuable items in your vehicle.
- Remember to lock your doors and close the windows - a vehicle left insecure is an invitation for a criminal.
- Always make sure to double check that your vehicle is locked before walking away from it.
- When at home, keep keys away from front doors and windows.
- If you have a keyless car it is beneficial to store the keys in a signal blocking case – criminals can use devices to scan for keys and unlock your vehicle.