The charity is inviting all locals to celebrate the end of the National Lottery Heritage Funded restoration works at Great Linford Manor Park on Saturday 18th September 2021.
To celebrate both the end of the building works and Heritage Open Days 2021, The Parks Trust are teaming up with Milton Keynes Arts Centre, St. Andrew's Church and the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park to bring you a jam-packed day of activities for all the family.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Take part in hands-on making activities with Milton Keynes Arts Centre and their team of artist leaders within the ceramic studio, art room and Open Garden spaces.
- Explore St. Andrew's medieval parish church on a tour with volunteers, visit the Textile Project exhibition and pick up a slice of homemade cake.
- Discover the newly restored parkland and its history on a 'Horrible Heritage' guided walks with the Friends of Great Linford Manor Park in full costume.
- Enjoy live music and talks from expert historians and performers throughout the afternoon.
- Tuck in to food from some of Milton Keynes' tastiest vendors.
- A chance to look around the new Community Trip Boat, Electra.
- Market stalls from local businesses and community groups.
Refreshments and children's activities are available throughout the day. To ensure everyone feels welcome, please only bring well-behaved dogs on leads. Toilets are available including disabled.
The main event is open to everyone and runs from 12-6pm across Great Linford Manor Park.
Tickets are free, though booking is required before attending. One ticket admits one person.
For more information on the event and to book your tickets while supplies last, please click here.